There's logic in this idea.

When also 9 I decided to turn my father's shortwave receiver into a transmitter by wiring a microphone in series with the mains cable. Thank goodness it was an ex-army bakelite microphone - when I pressed the button all the lights went out!

Simon Brown
---
http://blog.hb9drv.ch/

----- Original Message ----- From: "wayne burdick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At about age 9, I came into possession of a 5" square, midrange TV speaker. It had heavy-duty leads, stripped, tinned, and ready to go. I wondered what 60 Hz sounded like, and there was no shortage of AC outlets in my room.