I should mention that I liked the idea (at least conceptually) of the small
molle pouch that can be attached to any other radio bag or backpack.  I
have been debating a larger standalone case (like a Pelican case) or camera
bag (I liked the Lowe one!)  but then I think about using it in the field.
I will probably have a larger day pack so I am looking for something small
(but protective) that can go inside said pack or be attached to the
outside.

It is very helpful to hear what others are using!  Thanks for the feedback.

Mark