An alternative to the Pelican is a pretty decent one offered by Marlin P. Jones Associates, a surplus place out of Florida. I use one of their larger size ones for the KX3. It has pluckable foam and is a tad bit cheaper than the Pelican. No manufacturer's markings on it, but it looks like it might be a (probably Chinese) knockoff of one of the Pelican style cases.

They have two sizes, 12 X 7.4 X 4.4 inches ( http://www.mpja.com/12in-X-74in-X-44in-Waterproof-Case/productinfo/18351%20BX/ ) in which the KX3 fits nicely along with a 3 amp power supply, microphone, some cables/adapters and the Elecraft key paddle for the KX3.

I use their smaller one for the PX3 along with it's cables. The smaller one is 9.3 X 6.2 X 3.5 inches ( http://www.mpja.com/93in-X-62in-X-35in-Waterproof-Case/productinfo/17813%20BX/ ) with the same pluckable foam.

Both cases are very water resistant if not totally waterproof like claimed and they have pressure relief valves on them for shipping via aircraft. They also have locking holes for padlocks if needed.

They are quite well made out of molded ABS plastic, O ring sealed and very positive latches on the covers.

usual disclamer, no interest in MPJA other than a satisfied customer.

Jim - W0EB