Hi Chris,

I've been going direct for digital modes for years with my K3 and never had
a problem even at legal limit. If you like your PC sounds and don't want to
turn them off when you operate digital you only need a small under $10 USB
audio adapter. I'm using this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001MSS6CS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It has its own identification on the Windows sound control panel so when you
set up your K3 to take sounds from your PC you just identify this device as
the source. That lets you set the level independent of your normal PC
sounds. I still feed audio from the K3 directly into the PC. I think there
is a minor problem with this particular audio adapter as it wants to be a
monaural microphone input device rather than a stereo line input device. But
there are many similar devices on Amazon to choose from.

73,
Mike K2MK

Chris Hallinan wrote