Benny,

Error E27 says that your filter board is not being recognized.
Turn the manual to the Troubleshooting Appendix in the rear , page 2 and do the checks indicated in the E27 block.
Be certain all pins of the headers to the filter board are well soldered.
If the band board firmware (U1) is plugged in backwards, you will have low voltage on pin 16 and the regulator will get hot. The notch on U1 must point toward the rear of the board.

73,
Don W3FPR