Jack - good evening (or maybe good morning!). Great info and thanks for the
quick response. I have my setup exactly as in Fred Cady's KX3 book, towards the
end of the book. He has a great diagram showing how to run a KPA500 from a K3
or KX3. Do you have his book? If not I'll respond and tell you what I've got.
Also, yes - I have current f/w levels on all my equipment. And your other item,
yep - I'm always careful to have the "other" radio completely powered off
before doing anything with either.

73 - time for Santa to start hauling presents from the attic to the Christmas
tree - the two boys are finally asleep in their rooms!

Jim Bennett / W6JHB
Folsom, CA