Dave,

Easy fix - just loosen the screws on the VFO knob and move it back a bit to
create more drag on the knob.  Be certain the felt washer is in place, that
is the only thing that creates the drag - adjust the knob position on the
shaft until the drag is right for your taste.  If you initially adjusted the
drag for a 'light touch', the felt washer may have compressed a bit and your
current drag is not sufficient to hold the knob in position.

As a note for those with older K2s, I have found that the felt washer does
compress and wear out after a long while, so for those with a similar
problem, you may want to consider replacing it if the range of drag
adjustment is not to your liking.

73,
Don W3FPR