>On Mon,12/29/2014 7:35 AM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
>> I have never seen this but I don't have the SVGA.
>
>Nor have I. Perhaps an RF issue?
>
>73, Jim K9YC

I have the same problem and it does occur in TEST mode so it isn't RF.
It is also a problem of long standing, not related to any recent
firmware upgrade.

The displays (both P3 and SVGA) hang at very irregular intervals, on
average about once in maybe 10-20-30 returns to TX. Sometimes the
displays freeze for only about a second, but sometimes for as long as 10
seconds or even more. I also have the impression that the problem
sometimes occurs in 'streaks' when the probability seems much higher.

Unfortunately the problem cannot be created on demand, only by repeated
TX-RX cycling, but it does not seem to happen at all with purely manual
keying.

It only happens here when the logging program (N1MM+) is active, which
suggests it is related to traffic on the RS232 link - perhaps some kind
of data collision which is being resolved by timeouts. I have the
impression that the displays become more likely to hang when the VFOB
knob is rotated while transmitting on VFO A, which will feed a backlog
of data into the RS232 link or its buffers.  (FYI, my RS232 link uses
the hardware COM1 port on the PC motherboard and the PC-P3-K3 chaining
is exactly as specified in the manuals; the whole link functions
perfectly in every other respect.)

Although the problem seems to require that the logging program is
running, it does not seem to be directly related to the source of CW
and/or PTT. The problem occurs with manual keying and VOX, just as often
as it does with keying from N1MM+ (DTR=CW, RTS=PTT).

The same problem also occurs on RTTY but I'm not sure about SSB.

73 from Ian GM3SEK