John,

The VFO B Altermate display when set for current will tell you that information for your particular KX3.

The manual says receive current will be in the range of 150 to 200 ma. and depends on backlight, preamp isolation amp and whether or not the internal speaker is used.

I have not measured TX current at 5 watts, but I would expect somewhere in the vicinity of 2 amps.

73,
Don W3FPR