With backlight on, RX current should be roughly 170 to 230 mA (no AF signal)
depending on band.

TX current at 5.0 W should be about 1.0-1.4 A in CW/FM/FSK-D modes and 1.4-1.8
A in SSB/AM/PSK-D/DATA-A/AFSK-A modes. Actual current will vary with band and
antenna load impedance.

The reason 5.0 W current drain is lower in CW/FM/FSK-D modes is that the KX3
uses its higher-impedance PA transformer winding at this level. The upper limit
for use of the high-Z winding is 5.0 W in CW/FM/FSK-D and 3.0 W in all other
modes. If you're above the limit for a given mode, the lower-Z winding is used
to minimize transmit IMD at higher power levels.

73,
Wayne
N6KR