Hello Gentleman,
I am not a CW op.  To my knowledge, 8 pole will give more passive IMD and lower
NPR (see page 6 of the report below by AB4OJ):
http://www.ab4oj.com/test/docs/npr_test.pdf

73
Johnny VR2XMC
      寄件人︰ Brian Hunt <huntin...@coastside.net>
 收件人︰ "<elecraft@mailman.qth.net>" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
 傳送日期︰ 2015年01月14日 (週三) 12:27 PM
 主題︰ Re: [Elecraft] 8 or5 Pole cw filters

Remember that these are roofing filters and what they do is keep strong
adjacent signals out of the DSP and AGC. The final selectivity is set by the
DSP WIDTH control. As you ratchet down the WIDTH the appropriate roofing filter
is switched in automagically.

That said, when I bought my K3 I added a single 400 Hz 8 pole thinking that I
could add others later. That was 4 years ago.

I've been trying to decide between a 700 Hz and 1 KHz filter for a while. Turns
out that on CW the NR is more effective at those BWs and 2.7 KHz is too wide a
door to leave open when chasing weak signals.

I'm a 95% CW op, contester and DX chaser.

HTH & 73,
Brian, K0DTJ

Message delivered to vr2...@yahoo.com.hk