> I'm a contester, < >> so I have tight 8-pole filters.<< >>> I've often
> advised those who are not contesters to go with no additional
roofing filters and add only on the air experience has taught them that
they need. <<<
Jim, I really hate to burst your bubble, you being a CONTESTER and all.However!
On any given contest weekend, the Non Contester are the ones who really need
the"Tight Filters" because some inconsiderate holier than god contester will
start calling CQ 1500 hz next to
an existing QSO. (14.300) catches HELL during contest weekend.
I'm really glad that you are a Contester, but I get the impression from your
audacious statementthat if one is not among the coveted contesters then they
would not know the need of such sophisticatedgadgetry.

independently arrived at the same point. <<<<<

The level of Snobbery here has crested the previous water mark.
I guess Ham Radio is only for CONTESTERS.
Just my $0.02 worth.

((((73)))) Milverton / W9MMS