I find it simply amazing that some folks could think Elecraft in some buggy
error-prone category. A K3 is a software defined radio with a degree of
necessary hardware adjunct. To anyone who insists that software should not
be shipped until all bugs are removed, my answer is "GET REAL".

      <<<    ALL software is buggy.   >>>

ALL of it. For ANY purpose. On ANY platform. In ANY software language. From
ANY developer. From ANY country. ANY length of time in the field. No
exceptions, ever.

Every piece of software, past, present or future, DIES in obsolescence,
with bugs still in it. No exceptions, ever.

No paid developer can fix, nor paid tester find all bugs. Cannot possibly
be done.

Nobody can imagine, and post up in a testing plan, the entirety of customer
reality. None of us have brains that can hold anything but a tiny fraction
of the entirety of customer reality.

Software that has not been debugged by CUSTOMERS in REAL situations cannot
be trusted in real situations.

You will never eat any food without a germ on it. That's why you, the
customer, has an immune system.

<<<   The only thing that counts is whether the company is RESPONSIVE, and
has a HISTORY of improvements in their software.  >>>

You go check all those other ham radio companies and find out who is
responsive and has a history of improvements.

73, Guy.

73, Guy K2AV