Oh yes, I kind of forgot the most obvious :) It is KX3, running on a beta
firmware (2.33, not sure it is released yet).

  The only difference between the two sections of the screenshot are USB
and DATA A mode, nothing else changed. Very strange. The "Flatten" checkbox
is checked, I will try with the checkbox unchecked tomorrow morning and
report.

  On other programs like fldigi, the only difference between USB and DATA A
(both with widest possible filter bandwidth) is a cutoff at 500Hz on DATA A
whereas USB goes a bit lower.

  Thanks for all your feedback so far!

Ed W6ELA