Be Careful with JT-65 it can be addicting
I have nearly every state on every band from 160-10 (and a number of them on 6)
Plus 104 countries (some on nearly every band as well)
And it all started from me just "trying" it one day.

      From: Edouard Lafargue <edou...@lafargue.name>
 To: Mark <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
 Sent: Friday, January 23, 2015 11:51 PM
 Subject: [Elecraft] DATA A mode and WSJT-X

I tried JT65 for the first time today (there is a first for everything,
right?), and to my surprise, I discovered that for some reason, the DATA
mode is not usable on that program!

  Not 100% sure the mailing-list allows images in emails, so I will try to
describe the issue as clearly as possible:

    - In USB mode, with a flat EQ, I get a flat spectrum apart from the
actual JT9/JT65 chirps, from 200Hz to 3000 Hz
    - In DATA A mode, on the other hand, I get a peak around 100Hz, nothing
until 300Hz, then a huge noise peak raising from 300Hz, peaking at 500hz
and going slowly down to 1kHz. Then a big dip in signal/noise centered
around 2kHz. In other words, very distorted signal!

    Image speaks for itself: http://imgur.com/QyqpzEh

      I am pretty sure this does not come from the radio, with a simple
audio waterfall displaying at the same time in another program I don't see
this artifact, but I wonder if anyone else has seen this and can explain
it? Could it be an FFT artifact linked to the sampling rate of the
soundcard and an internal sampling rate of the radio in DATA mode?
Something else ??

    Kind of scratching my head on this one, maybe smarter/more experience
Hams on the list will have an answer!

  Oh yes: WSJT-X is running on a Mac, not that it should really matter.

73 de Ed, W6ELA

Message delivered to hlyin...@yahoo.com