Perhaps you could clarify protection on RX inputs. I have the KRX3 and run the internal 100 watt amp. Sometimes I share the same antenna with TX, ANT 1 or ANT2. I assumed there that the RX is protected. Sometimes I use the AUX antenna for diversity receive. Is that input not protected? When does it need to be?

Is there a general rule?

TNX and love the rig: K3, P3, KXR3 and 100 watt internal amp.

Phil, W0XI, KS

Wayne Burdick <mailto:n...@elecraft.com>
Tuesday, January 27, 2015 1:07 PM
This would only be necessary if you're running high power and/or the antenna to be used with the KRX3 is close to the transmit antenna. Could you describe your antenna system?

Wayne
N6KR

----
http://www.elecraft.com

Message delivered to aldenmcduf...@sunflower.com

Harry Yingst via Elecraft <mailto:elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Tuesday, January 27, 2015 9:12 AM
I ordered the sub receiver and in the conversation with Elecraft I was informed that it is good idea to build a device that would short the dedicated RX antenna to ground to protect it during transmit. The simple way would be a relay but I'd rather not hear a relay click with each transmission.
I was wondering what others are using to accomplish this.

Thank you

Message delivered to aldenmcduf...@sunflower.com

---