situation, one is better off using one of the newer FEC encoded data
modes designed for noisy and fading HF circuits - or even traditional
RTTY - as the throughput and error rate will be much better when using
a modulation designed for the medium being used.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV
       The opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect on
       Elecraft or any other company/association.

On 2015-02-06 4:38 PM, Larry Libsch wrote:
For those who are so disabled as to require an external "crutch" to
copy their own call and 5NN, it is a simple matter to reverse channels
in the sound card (at most it requires a "reversing cable") to decode
audio on the sub Receiver.

         Ah, the old CW snobbery! When is the notion that paddle or key
generated CW is superior to software and keyer generated code going to
disappear? You decode RTTY with software, don't you? CW is just another
digital mode. Software decoding has brought many new CW ops into CW
DXing and contesting. Software encoding is more accurate and allows many
ops to achieve speeds they could never otherwise achieve. Perhaps you
use a keyer for contesting? Many (most?) contesters do. CW contest
participation is declining. RTTY contest participation is increasing.
Software is every where improving our lives. Time to give up on old ways
and ideas and move into the future.

                                                             K4KGG, Larry

Message delivered to li...@subich.com