It's been a month since I got my K1, and I finally overcame my 'key- shyness' and resonded to a CQ.

My morse skills are still pretty bad, but the CQ (on 40 Meters) was slow enough that I was pretty confident. VE2DPO in Quebec was my first CW contact in almost 8 years -- and only my second CW contact ever! Also, the first new entry in my logbook since 2001. And the first QRP entry.

I'm just running 2 watts into a 95 foot wire that's dangling between some trees in my backyard, and keying the rig for now with just a little spst momentary switch at the end of some wire because I can't find my real key (last seen before my last move).

I know it's nothing, no big deal.  But it got me excited.

73 de Stephanie
va3uxb
K1 #02132