There is no end to the issues with split. I too have a macro that locks VFO A, double taps A->B, holds A->B, and tunes VFO B up 1. (Maybe in a different order, I forget).

The end result is that I'm split up 1. Great starting point on CW, but when on SSB and the split is huge (K1N) I may forget to use it. Or, this happens: K1N is on 75-meter SSB past his sunrise and fading fast. He's pretty much run out of callers so he is announcing his exact listening frequency. Without further ado I dial it up on VFO B, try to hold A->B to go into split, but accidentally tap it instead. Realizing that I'm not in split, I try again. Now I'm split okay but I'm transmitting on top of him.

We need a K4 with a bigger front panel and improved ergonomics, a stronger 2nd mixer and a high voltage FET PA.

Wes  N7WS

ps. I did work K1N just before he went QRT for 12 slots.