I have been a K3 user for a few years. The one event that has always bugged
me is that it seems way too easy to unknowingly have the rig "drop out" of
SPLIT, with the result that I have made far too many transmissions
(unwittingly) on the DX calling frequency rather than where the frequency of
VFO B is indicating, and where the cursor on the P3 is showing. Yes, I know
about the yellow LED and the tiny down indicator and the small (SPLT) that
should be illuminated. However, many of my previous rigs have always had
what I considered to be a superb feature, the flipping of the frequency
readouts, a very visible and noticeable change that can be picked up with
even peripheral vision if looking somewhat away from the actual readout.  I
have a single receiver in my K3, and naturally I quite often use the REV
button to check out the pileup. Notice how easily the display flips.  I
really wish the display would do exactly that when PTT is asserted, so it
would clearly indicate that I really am still operating split.

I hope this could become a "user option" in the near future.
Doug VE3VS

Wayne said....
Or, we could replace the *entire* VFO A display with the word "SPLIT" during
key-down. This would be even more obvious, and it wouldn't mess up the VFO B
display. VFO B is what you care about during split TX.

.......that too would be a very obvious indicator that the rig is actually
doing what we wanted it to do.