I haven't really been following this thread because switching in and out of
split operation with a K3 has never really been a problem for me.  So I have
probably missed something along the way and may not even be addressing the
main thrust of the thread.  I quickly learned how to operate split with my
K3s when I first got them and I've never had a problem since.  I agree with
Joe that Quick Split is not and never was practical.  I never used it on my
1000MP either and would never use it if it were available on the K3.  I
consider myself a seasoned DXer and over the years have operated split with
pretty much every type of configuration except for a separate transmitter
and receiver, but have used everything from transceiver with remote vfo all
the way up to transceiver with dual receivers and panadapter.  I learned how
to use them all and they all worked great in my hands.  The more bells and
whistles one has at his disposal the easier it gets of course.

As an aside, I have two K3s, one with subreceiver and panadapter and the
other without subreceiver but with panadapter.  From my point of view, while
it is nice to have the subreceiver while operating split, it's certainly not
necessary, and I've never had a problem busting big split pileups with
either rig.  To me, it's not a big deal to quickly switch the main tuning
dial from VFO A to VFO B to quickly monitor the pileup.

What I'm saying here is that I don't think anything is broken here, so I
don't really think it needs fixing.  As long as any new so-called
enhancement is menu selected and the choice to use the old system is still
available I'll be a happy camper.

Don, N5LZ