Jim,

Yes, you have the new DSP boards. I'm sure customer support will check out your
audio as requested.

There will always be noise and hiss with no signal present and gain controls
maximized, because the K3 has a lot of gain in the RX signal path, like any
modern transceiver. But with AF gain, RF gain and preamp settings appropriately
adjusted, even the noise from a very poor antenna will completely dominate any
noise generated within the radio itself. If not, you have something set up
incorrectly, or a hardware issue that CS will be able to identify.

The new synths are not required just to produce clean audio. It should already
be clean.

73,
Wayne
N6KR