I had an issue with my ISP a few years ago. We had been using DSL for a few years without trouble when all of a sudden our access would drop out about once every 2-3 minutes making is impossible to download or upload e-mail or view a website.

I called the tech line of our ISP and asked that they troubleshoot it. They came back saying that our connection equipment at the local wire site was old and needed to be upgraded (which would take several months they implied). I countered by saying that its real "funny" that we have had good fast service for a couple years and now all of sudden our equipment is unable to support the service we have been enjoying. I then said "that certainly the phone company didn't swap out our equipment (with old junk) to turn up a new customer - did they?" Our ISP was expanding at an explosive pace so it wouldn't surprise me if they did just that.

Then I said our service better be fixed, today or I will file a complaint against them with the State RCA (Regulatory Commission of Alaska). Then I hung up. Our internet service was fixed in one hour...and never had another issue like that, again.

Funny how speaking the "magic words" solves problems.

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
    "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business: