Doug,

Look at the numbers for 2 dB spacing - they are significantly improved.
What that means is you can operate more closely to another signal than you could before. That is an important consideration when the bands are crowded, such as during contests, FD operation, or DX pileups. When the signals are spaced out more on the bands, the difference will not be as obvious.

73,
Don W3FPR