> Has anyone experienced this or know of any settings which I may have
> inadvertently changed?

Yes, the instructions for 5.10 and later state that the TX CAL must be
performed after loading 5.10, 5.12 or 5.13 (and presumably later).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

On 2015-02-28 6:53 PM, David Inger wrote:
I just updated the K3 firmware to 5.10 since I am about to order the new
synth board.  When I restarted the radio after the upload, the following
problem occurred:

When I press the TUNE button, the radio shows about 8 watts of power. If
I turn the power control up, the display defaults back to 8 watts. In
the config menu I have the tune power set to 20 watts.

I reloaded the firmware to make sure there wasn't a glitch in the
The only other troubleshooting I did was to change the TX ALC (in the
config menu) to "OFF"  When I tune up with the TX ALC off, I can get
full power out from the radio,  so I assume that I do not have a
component failure problem.

Has anyone experienced this or know of any settings which I may have
inadvertently changed?

73 de K6SBA
David in Santa Barbara, CA

Message delivered to li...@subich.com