Brian and Josh,
The KX3/PX3/keyboard is a lot less "junk" then having to take a laptop/power supply/USB sound card too. all of my portable has "shade" (inside) for the PX3, it will be nice to just haul the mini keyboard rather then the computer, etc. I can run the KX3/PX3 on batteries. I did programming for 40 years, it takes time. Bug free doesn't exist, in all the "stuff" you haven’t tried... The keyboard firmware is not going to be as simple as it may seem. "you" need to think more then just type. function keys? embedded functions (insert a stored station call into a string)? Easy save the called/calling station into memory/function? The K1EL K42 keyer is a good starting point... http://k1el.tripod.com/K42_C.html I can't wait for the keyboard port to be active on the PX3. I WILL have to wait... A Scout demo would be nicer without the computer in the mix. The kids/scouts are fascinated that the KX3/PX3 can decode/display CW/PSK31, it would be nice for them to reply (via keyboard).

73, steve WB3LGC