I have several of the 100 memories programmed to 600m frequencies using the K3 Memory Editor. To enter TEST mode I just Press-Hold "MODE up". TX flashes to indicate its in TEST mode and Tx and Rx is routed thru the XVTR connections.

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45
--------------------------
From: Wayne Burdick <n...@elecraft.com>
To: <riese-k3...@juno.com>
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Synthesizer Issue

Hi Bob,

The new frequency coverage is still part of the 160-meter band. If you need quick access to the 600-meter range (~475 kHz), you can use any of several different ways to get to it:

- the four per-band "quick memories" on 160 m

- the 100 general-purpose memories

- direct frequency entry

- a programmable function switch

As an example of the latter, you could create a K3 command macro using K3 Utility, such as:

    FA00000475000;MD3;PA0;

This sets VFO A to 475 kHz, CW mode, with the preamp off. Of course you would also want to bring the signal in through RX ANT IN or XVTR IN, so the high-pass filter in the T/R switch is bypassed. Using XVTR IN requires setting CONFIG:KXV3 to TEST. We may provide a simpler way to do this in the future.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

73, Ed - KL7UW