Wayne,

This IS a big improvement for us Diversity users, particularly when
using diversity to keep track of a pile of callers in a contest pileup.

With the Old synths since the phase relationship between the 2 vfos
would shift after TX the positioning of callers in the Image would alter
after each transmit operation, with the new Synths this no longer
happens.

The already very good Diversity mode has gotten much better with this
upgrade. I'd also suggest that folks who didn't take to diversity before
might wish to give it a second try.
For Diversity reception the RX antenna needs to be different than the TX
antenna (E.g a vertical and a beam, or a doublet )  you don't need a
dedicated RX antenna, it just needs to have different characteristics
than the main antenna. Physical separation &/or polarity differences
will also help.

For me, the price of the upgrade was worth it for the Diversity
improvements alone

73
Brendan EI6IZ

--