Jay,

Yes, the KFL1-4 is no longer available.

Take a look at the K1 specifications to be certain the frequency stability is sufficient for your needs. Yes, there is some drift as is common in any analog VFO (and the K1 uses an analog VFO). The frequency determining capacitors are either polystyrene or NP0 disc ceramics which have good (but not perfect) temperature stability. If the VFO inductor is carefully wound with the turns tight to the core and it is properly secured, the K1 VFO frequency stability will be better than specifications. I have dealt with 2 or 3 K1s with drift outside the spec limits, and they were 'cured' by properly winding the inductor and/or replacing the poly capacitors. Most of the K1s that I repair have frequency stability well within the specs.

73,
Don W3FPR