From: Don Butler [mailto:n...@comcast.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 12:26 PM
To: 'Nick - VE3EY'; 'Rick WA6NHC'
Cc: 'Elecraft'
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] (Mini)P3 v SubRX

I find both the K3 subreceiver and P3 very helpful in cracking DX pileups.
Without the subreceiver it's really not that big of a deal to toggle back
and forth between VFOs to monitor the pileup, but it's still much better
when the subreceiver is available and turned on with a wide filter setting.
I find myself "watching" the pileup much more than "listening" to it
nowadays, so I'd definitely pick the panapter first if I had to choose one
option only.

I posted a link to a similar video a few weeks ago, but this 10 minute video
is different and shows how I was able to continuously find K1N's listening
frequency while he was working a 20+ KC wide pileup  .... and when he
started getting louder to me I fired up my amp and worked him with just a
few calls.  Take  a Look:

https://vimeo.com/119076467/settings

Don, N5LZ