Don:

I have done almost the same thing here on portable outings. I use a 33' MFJ telescopic fibreglass pole. (What holds your up? I use a 4 prong hand cultivator with a 3' shaft. Hold pole on shaft with a couple of bungee cords. I'd like to scrounge the arrangement you use for the homebrewed 4:1/1:1 balun.) Otherwise I opt for the Buddipole at 9 feet as a dipole or a vertical with two drooping radial wires. I have also used very frequently the 33' single wire vertical and a Electraft T1 tuner. (The T1 is sometimes cranky to get to tune.) Never thought about using the dual 22 guage teflon wire as a twisted pair balanced line! Just using a vertical wire I frequently use a single radial, the length varying depending on the band.

ALWAYS a problem is 80-30 meters. Usually done with a pair of drooping radials and a vertical radiator consisting of 4 "Antenna arms" (88" total) and a single 9.5 foot telescopic whip above the antenna arms. One Buddipole loading coil at base of vertical /antenna arms combination tuned for resonance. In many instances the trees, etc. for Inverted V dipoles 2' fibreglass "driveway marker rods" 2 feet long. I will try the teflon twisted pair feeder. Never thought of that. I have some old 75 ohm receiving twin lead, good for that sort of thing,
but it is too oxidized to consider it reliable in the field!

I try to avoid the loading coils in the dipoles except for the higher bands. Although the Buddipole works well as a dipole at 9 feet up sometimes the vertical whip is better on 20 meters. As I said, ALWAYS a problem at 80-30 meters to play with verticals with whips.

Good tips.  All of that can be a big guess without the trusty MFJ analyzer!

73,

Sandy Blaize W5TVW