Hey Howie ... and everyone heading to Dayton:

Drive safely.... we need you here on the list.

Have fun!

73 de Ray
K2ULR
KX3 #211

On May 13, 2015, at 7:14 PM, Howard Hoyt wrote:

Elecraft already makes the very best mobile rig: the KX3!!!

(when paired with our new Kx35 Mobile Mount...details will be released on the Pro Audio Engineering website after Dayton).

I have used the KX3 for a year mobile now, and paired with the KXPA100 I am really pleased with the performance. I understand that those people who use just tuned whips get even lower antenna system losses than I do with my base loaded Tarheel II. Still there is no better way to pass a long trip than chatting with EU and SA DX driving along the Rt. 81 in the mountains of Virginia and Pennsylvania!!!

I encourage all KX3 owners who run mobile to chime in on their experiences.

The Elecraft mobile setup is a lot of fun, and worth investing in!

Cheers & see y'all in Dayton,

Howie - WA4PSC