I use the fldigi suite of software on my Ubuntu distro. It  does most
everything you need for ham radio work. Sound Card digimodes modem, logging
and rig controll. Add on programs lets you do arq, radiograms. It can
function as an modem for other 3d party software.  And supports kiss.

Might do what you want.

73
Erlend
La4tta.