Hi Bill,

I am personally not running a K3, but the Albany club is. We will have a K3
running with KB, a Linux based Contest  logging program at field day this year
(as always). Walt WA1KKM is adding K3 support this year. He has always
suppoorted my rigs.

There is also CQRLOG. This is a daily logging software that uses hamlib and
also supports fldigi and etc. I do have a PC with all of this setup. I have not
updated it in a bit. Since we are local, we should be able to get together and
chat ;-)

Will WC2L

>>> Bill<w2...@nycap.rr.com> 6/3/2015 7:21 AM >>>

I am looking for Linux software to control the K3. Currently I use an
old version of HRD - which basically does what I want. HRD is a no go
under Wine. I am totally uninterested in logging apps and similar - only
desire rig control.

At this point I am running Linux Mint 17 on one machine and Win 10
Preview on another.  Win 10 is filled with features - as in bloatware -
that I do not need nor want. However, there are a few programs that I
run that are Windows only types and have no serious clones available for
Linux. HRD is one of these.

Any suggestions? My goal is to run only a single system - Linux or
Windows. It makes it too fiddly to run two full systems. Dual boot and
VMware solutions have been explored and dismissed. Rig control would go
a long way toward making the change to Linux only.

Thanks,

Bill W2BLC K-Line

Message delivered to w...@wc2l.com