My experience with using on-line USPS shipping to Canada was the reverse.

I had a 20x20x6 inch package that weighs 23-lb. and on-line shipping came to $125. My customer in Ontario balked at that and I don't blame him. Only international priority mail is available.

I sent the same package to NJ via parcel post for $39. But then while in the PO I asked what the rate for that same package would be to Canada and the 6-10 day priority mail quote was $81.50. This rate was not shown on-line.

The high cost of shipping has me discontinuing trying to sell 19x17x12 inch aluminum cabinet parts that I remove from old TV translators because I am only making $10 of the $50 I charge. Out of that I have to purchase 20x20x12 inch cartons, bubble wrap and PaPal deducts 3% of the $50 I receive...I'm lucky if I do not loose money. It takes an hour to dismantle and package each one.

I ship DEMI transverters to UK&EU which costs $76.50 and can take up to 20-days (not including time in customs). I'm sure that I have lost some potential business due the shipping costs. This is the penalty for living in Alaska.

I have lots of good surplus stuff that will not sell due to shipping. Most will go to recycle or the dump.
http://www.kl7uw.com/fs.htm

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
    "Kits made by KL7UW"