That's because the server that you selected is not available (any
> more).  There is a list of available NIST servers at:
> http://tf.nist.gov/tf-cgi/servers.cgi

If you follow the rules and use - time.nist.gov - your request will
be distributed to any available service.  "time.nist.gov" is the pool
address.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV

On 2015-06-27 6:31 PM, Phil Kane wrote:
On 6/27/2015 3:17 PM, Gary Smith wrote:
Here is
the windows error message I get 100% of the time I try to use windows
built-in update facility:

http://doctorgary.net/time.jpg

It will not update on its own nor when I try to force an internet
time correction and this has been T problem for a very long time;

That's because the server that you selected is not available (any more).
  There is a list of available NIST servers at:
http://tf.nist.gov/tf-cgi/servers.cgi

Myself, I use  tick.nobs.navy.mil with no problems at all.  It's at the
US Naval Observatory and is one of the group used to determine NIST
time.  My first engineering job was at the US Naval  Research Laboratory
so I have a (misplaced ?) loyalty to NObs !  :)

Happy Hamming.

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest