Based on what you say, I'd suggest you get the K2. You don't have any of the
needs for which the K1 is the better rig, and the $'s ain't that much
different (you just have to abuse the math just right).

K1 = 359 = $90/band.
K2 = 599 = $75/band.
K2+K160RX = 638 = $71/band<g>.

Dan / WG4S / K2 #2456

Darwin, Keith

Thanks Mike,

Due to cost limitations (I have too many hobbies, too few dollars) I
find I'm usually running a very lean ship.  One rig is about all I can
have, maybe 2 tops.

If I find the K1 is to my liking (menu-driven, QSK operation, sound of
receiver, RX performance, etc) I'll consider going to a K2/100 as my
only rig.  I do basically no portable or field ops - except for field
day where I'll carry a 12V deep cycle battery & my full size rig into
the back yard - so having a portable battery operated rig is not that
important to me.

So far my K1 hasn't even shipped yet so I'll have to wait until my
shipped sails in before I start making plans :-)

- Keith KD1E -