Guys,

I just had the very fortunate (for me) experience of operating my K3 in a 4F
category with some good operators.   My CW station was
My K3, and the other was an Orion 1.   The 2 SSB stations were a Flex 6500 and
a 6300.

Due to space limitations, this is a very high RF environment.  We used Dunestar
filters, and as much antenna separation as we could, but
It was what it was.

The K3 and Orion absolutely crushed the Flex's.  The Flex's got destroyed by in
band interference from the CW guys, but we never heard them.
I thought that was a bit odd.     Anyhow, to be fair, I didn't get to switch to
their antennas to see how different they would be.

But I will say this... numerous times during FD, the computers on the Flex's
locked up, usually forcing a reboot.  That greatly upset the old school
Operators.   Meanwhile, the K3 performed like a rock star, and we racked up
LOTS of CW QSOs on it... well over 1000.

Just wanted to say that the K3 is very dear to me, and until the Flex's can be
operated without a computer, there really isn't a comparison in
Real world operation.   I realize mileage may vary, but I was VERY impressed
and proud of my K3 in this contest.

Mine is one of the last one's pre K3S and does have the new synth.  I love it
dearly.

I think our total score for the effort was over 9000 QSO points, about 2600
QSO's combined between all.

Joe
AB5OR