On Wed,7/1/2015 2:13 PM, Fred Townsend wrote:
Years ago I wrote the author of a QST published construction article
pointing out an error. He sent me his original schematic. QST had redrawn
his schematic using multiple ground busses using the pitchfork ground symbol
and thereby combining busses.

Their redrawing a perfect example of the muddy thinking about signal common (what we call "ground" in a circuit). In his EMC classes, guru Henry Ott, WA2IRQ, emphasizes the importance of knowing where the return current is flowing -- he talks about the hidden schematic concealed by the ground symbol.

73, Jim K9YC