The PR781 isn't cheap though it is discounted at
http://www.dxstore.com/heil_microphone.html at $139, though you still need a
$33 cable to connect it to the radio - http://www.dxstore.com/heil_acc.html
.

I bought all of my headsets and microphones before I got my K3 in 2009.  I
still have a Shure 444D that I bought in 1970 or so which sounds very good
with the K3.

73, Jim N7US