Thanks Jim.

I have provision for that if and as needed. That is one reason I use a 3 wire shielded cable where many installations only use a 2 wire shielded cable. Someone reported that both pin #7 and pin #8 go to a PC board ground. Grrrrrr

I know my other radios have a dedicated pin as mike ground and another dedicated as chassis ground. This is connected by a very short jumper, about 3/4", from the connector to the chassis.

Once I get the radio  I may investigate connecting pin #8 direct to chassis.

73 Bob, K4TAX