Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 14:49:03 -0700
From: Wayne Burdick <n...@elecraft.com>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 KBPF3 mod for LF questions capacitor size ?

They're 0603s (.06" x .03"), which would be considered "mediums size" by today's SMD standards. But it does take a bit of courage (and a good pair of tweezers, and maybe a shot of cheap whisky) to install them by hand. Hats off to our intrepid customers attempting this for the first time!

73,
Wayne
N6KR

P.S. Our engineers and technicians routinely work with with packages that are about 0603 size, but have *6* leads that must all be soldered. This is done by flowing solder onto all 3 pins on one side at a time (carefully!), then wicking the excess solder off with solder wick or a vacuum tool. Not for the faint of heart.

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
    "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business: