Mr Don

I'm very happy that you answer my e-mail and thank you.  Happy because the
advertising in e-bay said that you was the last person who touch this radio .
And was sell to me as in working condition.

Here is the link to ebay (sorry to take your time) to verify that the seller
was telling that the radio was working.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elecraft-K2-with-many-extras-recently-serviced-/111694399577?nma=true&si=ULe%252FnRYPyw4ApLB34OfmsvNuQv4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Anyway I'm happy to go over the trouble shooting if you can help me.

>From the first instructions that you sent to me....
I connected the radio to a dummy load, and this is what happened

Radio shows Elecraft word in the display
radio shows frequency
radio shows "speed 09"
Then radio goes off

Regards
KP4LE

On Tue, 7/7/15, Don Wilhelm <w3...@embarqmail.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Need Help with my K2 did not turn on
 To: "Mauricio Fernandez" <mauriciof...@yahoo.com>, "Elecraft Reflector"
<elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
 Date: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 9:26 PM

 It would seem that you
 have purchased a K2 that was not working as it
 should.  If it was advertized as a fully
 working radio, you may have
 recourse with
 the seller for either a refund or a repair. OTOH, if the
 seller did not state that it was working
 properly, you may have to
 investigate and
 fix it yourself.

 Normally,
 the K2 will not go to a display of the power output - it
 should come up in receive.  Disconnect
 everything from the K2 except for
 the power
 cord and the antenna connection.  To help with diagnosing
 the
 problem, connect the K2 to a dummy
 load.

 If this is a K2/100
 (with KPA100). connect the dummy load to the SO-239
 jack.  If a K2/10, connect the dummy load to
 the ANT1 jack on the upper
 rear panel if
 the KAT2 is installed, or to the lower rear panel ANT BNC

 jack if the KAT2 is not installed.

 If you want to troubleshoot it
 yourself, you can email me directly and I
 can help.  Please include the configuration
 and installed options for
 your K2 as well
 as the serial number.

 73,
 Don W3FPR

 On 7/7/2015 6:08 PM, Mauricio Fernandez via
 Elecraft wrote:
 > Hello
 >
 > I'm just new in
 the Elecraft world.  Recently I purchase in Ebay a K2
 Serial 4401.  The problem is that when I connect the radio
 to the power and press the switch button it turn on but
 immediately turns off,  it shows the word elecraft, it
 reads the frequency and when goes to the power display PO
 and then and then goes off.