Tom Schaefer wrote:
In light of the flagrant inclusion of off-topic material on this list (including this), I propose
that everyone start adding an "On-topic" indication to their subject line for things that
are actually about Elecraft. That way those of us that want to read only things related to the list
for which we subscribed, can avoid every random thought someone things might be interesting to
"the guys on the Elecraft list".

It's as if guys know someone will have to read what they share and never ask
themselves if it's germane to the list. Germane in this case is ABOUT ELECRAFT
and not just of general interest to hams.

This is Internet 101 stuff.

Indeed! E-mail 101 allows you to mark the senders of such nonsense as spamers or junk. Once marked, future submissions from these purveyors of trash get routed to the
 junk folder.  That saves you unwanted delete key activity.

Of course one persons trash might be an others treasure. Suggest use with caution.