During field day, we trained up our GOTA ops to use CW Skimmer.  I
suggested they could make QSOs as fast or faster than PSK, RTTY, or
voice. You can see some pics on QRZ searching NA3DX.  It proved true.

Our setup used a KX3 at 5w, Win4K3 Suite providing Panadapter and radio
control interfacing, com0com com port control, CWSkimmer, and N1MM+.  For
them, CW was just another digital mode like PSK or RTTY.  My neighbor 12
year old ended up operating on a main HF station operating this way and had
a blast.  He was getting as fast of some of the OMs doing S&P, too.

My XYL says it is cheating,  But my come back now is what do you do if your
deaf or lose quality hearing.  This setup works.  You don't have to give up
on weak signal cw contacts, contesting, or chatty qsos if you lose your
hearing.

BTW, I have confirmed contacts from DXing and contesting on CW
with stations I could not hear any audio or see signal in the Panadapter.
CW skimmer picked up the signal and decoded it.  I wonder if you have seen
this? K3NDM said he did but did believe it.  When I worked them and got
them confirmed in LoTW, he became a believer.  So, just because you can't
hear it or see it, cwskimmer can help you find it.

I also think this is a good way to get ops going at CW.  If they like it,
they may naturally evolve into other variations of cw operating over time,
with a key and decoding by ear.

Thank you Elecraft for such a great radio.

--
Doug Ellmore  NA1DX
"A Know Code Extra"