I have a MPPT controller and they produce a lot of radio interference. From what I understand PWM also cause radio interference. I believe that the older "diversion" controllers are quiet. Normally they would waste a lot of energy but if one were running enough equipment so the battery was being drained faster than it was being charged I assume there would not be much energy waste.

My question is those of you who operate with a fairly good size panel and need a solar controller what do you use that produces no radio interference. I am looking at what would be set up for a RV or a good sized boat or a day or two portable operation for something like the US Island QSO party coming up. We would want to run 100 watts with the K3.

This would be a 12 vdc system with something in the range of 100-140 watt panel. Probably two 6 vdc deep cycle batteries.

Ed W0SD