When I have radio equipment traveling in the RV, they ride on the big bed
in the back. It has two inches of foam on top of the mattress, plus a cushy
bed cover. They would probably fly forward in a head-on crash with an 18
wheeler, but that would be the least of worries. They have never gone
anywhere in hard braking or bumpy roads.

Proper cases, to be used anytime the RV is in motion, would be the safe
answer.

When they start offering K3's as WWII tank equipment, properly hardened for
the application, then I will hard mount it in an RV, but not until.

I suspect that the KX3 equipment would do better, simply due to the manner
of construction. I don't know if anyone has done vibration testing of a
KX3, but I suspect it would do better than a K3.

73, Guy