From: Elecraft
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On
Behalf Of Phil Wheeler
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2015 9:06 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] P3 vs SDR-IQ

I've seen nothing like that here, Joe, in well
over a year of using the K3-P3 combo.

Something is amiss in your setup. Be sure to check
all cables since that is a common problem.

73, Phil W7OX

On 7/30/15 5:43 PM, Joe Word wrote:
> I have been using a P3 with my K3 for the last
two weeks and not happy with it's
>   operation. I set the parameters to what I
like, the patterns look
> good, but when I tune the screen fills with
noise and you can not see
> the signals up and down the band.
> I am told the SVGA option does the same thing.
Have owned radios from
> Apache Labs and Flex and used the
SDR-IQ/SpectraVue and LP-Pan
> panadapters and all of them do not have this
problem. On
> SDR-IQ/SpectraVue the pattern smears some when
tuning, but no noise.