Joe - I use "Fixed Tune" mode because I just like that display the best - BUT I just checked "Tracking Mode" and I see about a half S unit noise when I tune - I do not see any in "Fixed Tune" . UNLESS I look with the K3 on a dummy load so no external antenna noise at all. Its visible there but never with an antenna connected.

I will say that it got worse when I put in the KAT3 so I had two front panel selectable antenna ports - I originally started with no antenna tuner in the K3. I suspect if I went in and played with TMP cable dress some more or double checked grounding I might be able to improve that - but its no problem.

Also , there is a thing to do that sometimes reduces tuning noise (although tuning noise form the synths may not be the issue here ) but FWIW

Here is a paste of what Elecraft suggested (did not make much difference for me)

Hank - Please try this for the "noise"
Locate the CONFIG:VCO MD menu entry, and tap the 1 keypad switch until you
see SPI 2; this selects the new bus clock rate. (The default setting is
SPI 1.)

73 Hank K7HP

I have been using a P3 with my K3 for the last two weeks and not happy with it's
operation. I set the parameters to what I like, the patterns look
good, but when I tune the screen fills with noise and you can not see the signals up
and down the band.