Respectfully,

This is not an issue of definition. I'm sure everyone agrees that
on-purpose listening to A-A is not diversity. What they are talking about
is a situational coping mechanism when using diversity as the main
listening mode in a contest.

This occurs in diversity mode when one ear has a very weak desired signal
and the other a very loud undesired signal. My current coping mechanism for
this is to push one headphone bell forward off my ear. It would be better
to temporarily switch to both ears on desired signal, but this is *very*
clumsy using the front panel.

A discussion on how to deal with it would be helpful. Using diversity in
contesting is a newly emerging skill that is only really emerging with
common usage of two receiver K3's.

There needs to be a non-dismissive serious response to these concerns. If
there are hard technical reasons why this should be done external to the K3
it would be good to known these and move on to an external solution. It
does seem though like the straightforward treatment is somewhere inside the
K3 digital number soup.

73, Guy K2AV

--
Sent via Gmail Mobile on my iPhone